Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Metallic Madness!

Holographic, iridescent and metallic items are a daring wear this year but are appearing in all high street shops! I found myself in love with the shiny numbers but was very scared to wear one out; it took at least 3 trips into Topshop until I bought myself an iridescent foil coated cotton pencil skirt!
Obviously this is a party item, I don't think I could ever pull this on off at college without getting a few comments! I wore a spaghetti strap cami tucked in with chunky black heels. These blocks of black took a bit of attention away from the skirt making it less 'in your face'. 

Top: Newlook
Skirt: Topshop
Heels: Newlook

But what about daily metallics? I have hunted through websites to find my favourite metallic items at the moment and how you would wear them:

The two tops are similar however the Shiny Halter is a lot more daring with the bare back and fitted style. Both colours go brilliantly against black so chuck on your fave high waisted skinnies, boots and leather jacket. The shine from the tops will add colour and brightness to your outfit without being too over powering.
The Mini skirt is a pale silver which reflects the light beautifully, to show off the shine on this skirt wear with white to complement the reflections. If you wear it with t-shirt style stretch jersey it will add a more relax feel to the outfit making it perfect for day-to-day wear.
Oversized, cropped and metallic, the Jumper, designed by White Pepper, naturally has an everyday casual feel to it. You can even spice it up a bit by wearing it with a midi skirt rather than your jeans! 

See, these shiny pieces no longer seem so scary! 

xo

Keep up to date on my posts by following me on Bloglovin!

3 comments:

  1. I am loving the whole holographic trend right now. I really wish I had gotten a silver leather pencil skirt whilst I had it in my hand! Sucks!
    That Motel crop top is lovely - a much more wearable way to work it. You're right - it does look scary but it's totally wearable!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael for your comment; get running back to the shop and make it yours!! :)

      Ellie
      xo

      Delete
  2. Get running back to the shop and grab that skirt-quick!


    Ellie xo

    ReplyDelete